Monday, July 25, 2011

Stupid Weather

This stupid heat wave that was unbearable for most of the country totally fucked me up in more ways than one.  Not only did I have to leave work early on Thursday in order to avoid an asthma attack, but we also experienced rolling brown outs and a reduction in power.  No big deal really since we still had enough power for the a/c to work and for me to be able to use my nebulizer machine. 

However, the one thing that didn't survive during all of this was my voice over phone line.  For some reason it stopped working.  And I didn't realize until today when I was getting repeat phone calls from my SIL trying to talk to the kids.  Here I am insisting that my house phone cannot possibly be on call forwarding since I didn't turn it.  Yet it was, so now Liz looked like the asshole.  Just great. 

Another lovely fact was that Doni told Kev last night the phone was messed up but he never bothered to tell me.  Good thing T has her own cell phone and can dial out in case of an emergency.  Ugh so now once I'm home I must try and fix this damn phone on top of cooking dinner so that my monsters don't go hungry.

0 comments:

Previous Post Next Post Back to Top