Wednesday, March 21, 2007

Sad day for me today

Well not that sad because I kinda already had an idea this was an issue, but now it has been confirmed. After going to the allergist today and being in there for four, yes four fucking hours! It has been confirmed that I'm allergic to cats, dust, and tree pollen. And of course I have two cats that I now need to get rid off. I was planning on getting rid of the boy because he's become to unruly, but I love my Sandy and I didn't plan on getting rid of her. She's my fluff ball. I got her for mother's day the year before I got pg with Kev. She was my baby fever fix. When I saw her in the pet shop she just looked so pretty and tiny. And once I held her she felt like a ball of cotton and I knew she was meant to be mine. So Kev got her for me and I was in love with a cat for the first time ever. Gradually she attached herself to Tiana, so she's really become a part of the family that we all loved. Smokey I had gotten to satisfy Kevs need for his own cat, but he turned out to be more than we can handle. The straw that broke my back was the scratch he gave lil Kev in the face. But the finally straw that broke big Kevs back is the fact that we have had to purchase a brand new bed for T thanks to the piss stain and smell he left on her freaking mattress!

But man on man the allergist is not fun. I managed to get stuck 41 freaking times today alone. First they did the scratch test on my arms. So each arm got 16 damn scratches, then off to the lab for two viles of blood to be taken. After the scratch test showed that I had no reaction, the doctor decided to play it safe and do some sort of other test that required 8 more needle punctures under the skin on the top of my left arm. And OMG it was horrible all of it. The scratch tests hurt more than the freaking first four needles. But the last four hurt because it hit the fleshy area of my arm. All and all it was a choice she made because I do have allergies. I have to go back in 2 weeks and if my lab work comes back good she wants to do allergy shots. I'm a bit nervous about those but hey it's either that or suffer with repeat sinus infections or an asthma attack due to the pollen coming fairly soon.

Well, I have some steak marinating that I have to put on the grill so that's all folks.

0 comments:

Previous Post Next Post Back to Top